Friday, March 18, 2011

Lenten Reflection II

The Lenten season is a time of preparation and truly for me this season has been a difficult one filled with a variety of temptations: pride, judgement, and lust to name a few. Mark's quote from Hebrews in the previous post is very comforting. To know that our Savior can sympathize with our struggles means Jesus is better able to meet us exactly where we are at.

One thing that I've been pondering is joy. When Easter comes around I do not want to manufacture joy; but, I know because of the magnitude of what is being said that there is cause for genuine joy. Will I be surprised by joy? Is joy able to be generated? Then, I thought, if joy is a fruit of the spirit then it must be birthed from intimacy with God. So I believe the question I need to ask myself is whether the Lenten season is drawing me closer to God.

No comments: